Thursday, August 31, 2006

Formal Apology

On behalf of This Blog is Not Funny, LLC, a subsidiary of Not Funny Blogs, International, wholly owned and operated by Global Chemical Industries, Inc. Worldwide, I would like to formally issue this apology to the French as a result of my inflammatory and offensive post yesterday. You have made your point with the hundreds of e-mails and well as the threatening phone calls. My statements regarding the “French Fry Mafia” were not meant to imply that the French people are involved in organized crime in any way. I know that this stereotype has been following the French for many years now, and I, for one, did not intend to perpetuate the stereotype by speaking of the French in the context of the mafia, mafioso, or organized crime in general. I know, personally, of the burden dealing with stereotypes may cause. I know France has been fighting other stereotypes that just will not seem to go away, such as “being totally full of bisexuals” or being “cowardly bisexuals” or being “cowardly people of a homosexual nature” or being “croissant kissing gay people”. Let me just be the first to say that when I say something unintentionally offensive I will stand up and admit my mistake. I am sorry French people. Please forgive this troubled soul for my terrible and degrading comments regarding organized crime.

No comments: